Driven writer and producer with over a decade of experience working in film, web-based, and digital media. Seasoned professional with hands-on skills bidding, budgeting, managing projects, editorial and post production on both domestic and international assignments for web and traditional media. Adept at working with union and non-union talent, negotiating music rights and clearances, and developing strong relationships with internal and external partners, vendors, and clients. Proven ability to define and execute a project calendar and deliver assignments on-budget. Passionate about story-telling across multiple platforms with expertise in new technologies such as AR and VR. Named by DISRUPTOR as one of the top 25 influencers in VR to follow in 2018.
- Strong writing skills with numerous professional publications for web and traditional media
- Extensive visual storytelling experience across a variety of platforms and mediums
- Excellent verbal and presentations skills
- International project and production experience
- Management of staff and complex budgets
- Agency and client relationship management
- Flexibility in high stress work environments
- PACIFICA GRADUATE INSTITUTE M.A. in Mythology & Depth Psychology
- UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO M.A. in Communications
- UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO B.A. in Communications
- THE LOS ANGELES FILM STUDIES CENTER . Co-Director/Instructor - 2007 to present . Teaching courses focused around story, narrative technics, writing, producing, development, and Virtual Reality.
- SIDESHOW MEDIA GROUP . Senior Writer/Producer/Director - 2007 to 2016 . Produced and managed creative projects ranging from web to film to comic books to VR/AR.
- DAMAH FILM FESTIVAL . Executive Director - 2006 to 2007 . Managed programming, personnel, budget and resources for international film festival.
- NYACK COLLEGE . Department Head/Instructor - 2005 to 2007 . Taught courses and managed adjuncts focused around story, narrative technics, scriptwriting and development.
- THE ALLIANCE . Creative Executive Producer - 1995 to 2007 . Directed a creative staff of directors, producers, DPs, editors and graphics specialists in developing promotional and fund-raising media for the non-profit organization. Produced and directed award-winning film and video segments including on-location shoots in more than 40 countries.
- Storytelling for Virtual Reality, Focal Press/Routledge Books (2017)
- Story By the Numbers, SSMG Press (2016)
Master Of The Cinematic Universe: The Secret Code For Writing in the New World of Media, Michael Weise Publications (2016)
- MovieMaker Magazine, The Complete Guide to Making Movies 2018 - "The Best Cameras for Every Budget"
- MovieMaker Magazine, The Complete Guide to Making Movies 2017 - "Rental House Rules"
MovieMaker Magazine, Summer 2016 - "The Innovators" & "There's No End in Sight"
LA SCREENWRITER, la-screenwriter.com, weekly column on story, readership +100K
HBO, watchingtheleftovers.com, more than a dozen articles promoting promoting HBO's original series The Leftovers
- Voices of VR Podcast (2018) - Guest discussing mythology of Storytelling for VR
- The Westworld Watch (2018) - Host deconstructing the narrative, psychological, and technological aspects of the HBO original series
- Ologies Podcast (2018) - Guest discussing mythology and technology
- Superheroes Decoded, The History Channel (2017) - Two-part televised documentary on the history and impact of superheroes in culture. Analyzed the mythological facets of comics alongside influencers such as Stan Lee and George R.R. Martin.
- Vertigo/DC Comics Podcast (2016) - Guest discussing mythology of Lucifer